<VV> Gas Price Question - Slight Corvair

James Dallas BEC176 at msn.com
Mon Jul 10 23:49:00 EDT 2006

I just did a google search on gas prices adjusted for inflation.  The highest prices in 2006 dollars was in 1981 at 3.07 a gallon (note: this is the average not the peak).  In 1966 it was just shy of 2.00 a gallon.  Another interesting side note is the amount of tax that has been added since then.  I find it interesting that the government makes over twice the money off of a gallon than the oil companies do.  Corvair Content:  I just filled up my Rampside with premium at 2.98 a gallon.

Jim Dallas
MCCA
GNRT