<VV> Gas Price Question - Slight Corvair

John Maxwell jmaxwell2 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 11 19:39:39 EDT 2006

Here's the deal- Today an average car costs about 10,000 gallons of gas.
Can you remember the price of cars and gasoline at some point in time?  I
remember the early 70's when gas was 45 cents and an average new car was
going for about $4500 which is, guess what, about 10,000 gallons of gas.
All I can say is, about 4-5 years ago when gas bottomed out at about
$1.00/gallon, that was a hell of a deal.

John Maxwell

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org