<VV> high beam indicator light color

WLH hihal at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 12 00:27:07 EDT 2006

mhicks130 at cox.net wrote:
> Maybe this would be better asked on the stock group list but,
>
> What color should the high beam indicator light in the speedometer of a LM javascript:doSend('composeForm');
> javascript:doSend('composeForm');(1965 say) Monza or 500 dash be?  MIne's red but the one on the Corsa dash that I will (eventually) install is blue, as are all my modern cars.  My wife was driving the car the other day and turned the lights on in a tunnel and said "Mike, the temperature light is on".  I looked over and told it was the high beam so all was well but we got to thinking that red was probably not a good color for a high beam indicator.  So now I'm wondering if it's supposed to be red.

The stock color for a LM is red. I changed the lens in my Corsa dash to
blue though, partly for the reason your wife mentioned, partly because
blue has been the standard hi-beam color used in newer cars for some
years now, and partly because the size and location of the Corsa hi-beam
indicator causes glare when in use.

Wade Halsey