<VV> Tranny input seal

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 12 17:51:24 EDT 2006

Cliff, did you drive the car after filling the diff/trans? If you did, then
it's entirely possible the input shaft seal is leaking. And no, it won't
"self heal". If you just filled the assembly up to the bottom of the fill
hole(s) and walked away, there's no way that it's the shaft seal. The
trans/diff static oil level does not come anywhere near it (unless the car
is parked nose up on quite a grade!).
HTH
Andy Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan