Fwd: <VV> FC hill performance

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Jul 13 10:57:06 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/13/2006 10:47:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brierpath at yahoo.com writes:

> His is a Greenbrier with 95hp engine and powerglide with 3.55s.
>  I am concerned about the ability of his machine to negotiate the grades
> ecountered while travelling through Tennessee.

If the engines are properly tuned up, have good oil (I'd recommend a straight
grade 30 or 40 weight) and the carbs are balanced you shouldn't have any
problems.  My 4spd, 95 HP '64 Brier handled the grades in western Maryland and
Pennsylvania just fine.  The Powerglide with its external oil cooler was designed
to handle the load so your friend should be ok too.  By the way, the oil
cooler lines aren't original are they?

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier (having its diff repaired at 140K)
'65 Corsa
2 '68 Monzas