<VV> Bicoastal Corvair Sightings

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Fri Jul 14 14:27:25 EDT 2006

VVers:

We just returned from a family vacation in which we flew into San
Francisco and drove to Seattle over 10 days.

We drove up 101 on the coast most of the way.  On the way to Portland,
we cut over to I-5, and saw a bronze-colored Lakewood wagon, probably
between Corvallis and Salem.  The color didn't look original (looked
more like an LM Aztec Bronze), but I don't know my EM colors.  It was on
July 4th, around noon.  I honked and 4 children leaned out the windows
and gave him the thumbs up.  Anyone on this list know it?

The day after we got back, I had to drive oldest daughter up to camp in
Maine.  I took a route that brought us through Augusta, the state
capital.  Shortly after turning off I-95 onto Rte 17, I spotted an LM
Monza convertible sitting outside at a gas station.  The top looked kind
of ratty and it didn't seem to be licensed, but it was right out there
at roadside.  It also had a pair of huge, police-style bumper guards
mounted on the front, which kind of made me laugh.  Again, anyone we know?

Anyone want to know about the gas prices I saw along the way?  :)

Steven "thank God for frequent flyer miles" Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible
'66 Corsa Coupe
http://www.serenska.com/IdealGarage