<VV> I've seen everything now!

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 15 13:51:38 EDT 2006

After grinding enough of the "STUFF" off of the stud to remove it
through the head I discovered that even though I see threads a different
stud slides right in with no resistance. I guess it's time to pull the
head so that the cylinder can be removed and a helicoil installed (2
with off the shelf ones). I have done this before but really didn't want
to have to go that deep in the engine. I guess this does give the
opportunity to check the head and valves since it had bent pushrods.
With the center 4-barrel it should be relatively easy to remove the head
in the car.

Mike Kost