<VV> More on Tire sizes;

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Jul 18 14:43:25 EDT 2006

At 02:11 PM 7/18/2006, you wrote:
>  After all your suggestions I had settled on 205-60-15 front and 225-
> 55-15's at the rear.
>
>      After seeing these tires I cant help but feel that I could (and
> would want to)go wider.  These tires are still too narrow for my
> taste.  I'm fairly certain I had 215's all the way around on my old 14
> inch wheels.

205x60 on a 7" rim is just about right for spirited street driving. The
section width is well matched to the rim width and the contact patch is
about right for the light front end. If you go to a larger size in a street
tire and plan any spirited driving you might want to look up "unladen
understeer".

Padgett