<VV> RE: Balancers

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Jul 19 10:04:07 EDT 2006

> Unless of course, the engineer's Uncle Marvin owned the company that made the parts, or
> someone needed to justify their job, etc. :-).
 Grant
If that was the case, then the PG Corvairs would have had a Park Pin.  They don't, because they decided they could save 4.00 per unit, from the discussion I heard once. Even if it was .25/unit, x1,000,000?   GM looks for unit savings like that.

One of the reasons the 60's looked cheap (crappy door panels, etc) was because so much was spent on the engineering that they had to skimp in other places, I think I read that in Tony Fiore's book.

Hnak