<VV> petronix question

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 19 13:46:01 EDT 2006

Run 12 volts to the + terminal and the red petronix wire to the same + terminal. black Petronix to the - terminal. You can leave the existing wiring on the coil, but when  you run a separate 12 volt to the + you do not need it, but do not just let it hang as it will be HOT when the starter is engaged or the engine is running. You could just tape it up to prevent a short circuit.

   I guess any 40,000V coil will work. I've run a standard original GM coil with no apparent problem...

Paul Abel <pbob63 at frontiernet.net> wrote:
  I'm about to install a petronix ignitor 2 in my 65 monza 110pg. My
question is, can I still use the stock coil, or do I need to get a
flamethrower as well. I have an accell super coil, previously used on a
small block chevy. If I can't use the stock coil, can I use the super
coil, and how do i hook it up?

Also, thanks to all the replies to my question on engine clatter after
sitting many years. The noise didn't clear up, so I pulled the left
valve cover to discover a broken pushrod. I guess that's why it's noisy,
huh?

-Paul Abel-