<VV> FC Engines - Harmonic Balancer or not?

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Jul 20 01:43:18 EDT 2006

At 06:28 hours 07/19/2006, aeroned at aol.com wrote:
><SNIP>
>I have an early production 1966 equipped with 95 and 3sp, and I know
>it came with a solid pulley.
><SNIP>
>
>Wade,
>
>That is true only for 95 HP engines with manual transmissions. I
>have a very original 1965 500 sedan with a 95 on a PG and it has a HB.

...not sure if this means anything but I parted out a '64 500 coupe,
said to  be unmolested and showed fairly low miles, had belonged to
my insurance man who got it from a neighbor.   The insurance guy had
sold the car to my brother, who ran it into a bridge abutment and
left a V shaped notch in the front of the car up to the
crossmember.    Rust in the floors and a trashed interior turned this
one into a parts car, a service which it performed in fine fashion.

I removed a 95 PG driveline from the car and the engine had a cast
pulley.    It eventually went into my soon to be future x-wife's '63
ragtop.   It ran good.

tony..