<VV> 67 interior paint code

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Thu Jul 20 12:26:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

Looks like we now have examples of each possibility for 1967, thanks to
folks who have shared info from their cars:

Color Name   Trim Code  Paint Code  Fisher Code  Application
==========   =========  ==========  ===========  ===========
Black        751        E           4            500 bench
Blue         721        B           1            500 bench
Fawn         703        F           5            500 bench
Black        758        E           4            Monza bucket
Bright Blue  722        R           6            Monza bucket
Gold         713        G           7            Monza bucket

The Trim Code indicates the upholstery color and type (bench or bucket) and
is found on the Fisher Body tag and in the dealer ordering info.

The Paint Code indicates the interior paint color. It is found in the dealer
ordering info.

The Fisher Code also indicates the interior paint color. It is found on the
Fisher Body tag to the right of the body build date on the top line. Again,
a number was used in '67 only (of the period '65 - '69). Letters (same as
the those found in the dealer ordering info) were used in the other years.
No idea why '67 is different.

The reason that there are two entries for black is due to it being offered
on both the 500 bench seats and the Monza bucket seats. The corresponding
paint though is the same, of course.

I will update the article on my site ASAP
(http://www.corvairkid.com/66codes.htm).

Thanks all,

--Kent