<VV> Re: Convention Room

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 12:21:47 EDT 2006

Please folks, don't shoot the messenger:

A lot of people reserved a room at the host hotel for
the 2003 Carlisle convention, but never honored them
when they found out there were comparable (maybe even
nicer) rooms within a 1/4 mile for less money.  There
were people that showed up at that convention looking
for a room, but were told the hotel was sold out.  In
fact, there were plenty of rooms available, but no one
(including the hotel) knew that, as they were all
"reserved."  Right after that convention, a message
went out from CORSA that said you would be charged one
night's stay for a room you reserved at the host hotel
for a future convention, but did not, in fact, occupy.

I'm not sure what the situation was at Portland, but I
can tell you that the host hotel in Buffalo is the
ONLY hotel in the area.  No alternate hotel right
across the street, like in Lexington.  Because of
this, I've been letting people know that they may be
charged by CORSA if they don't find someone to take a
room that they have previously reserved, but now at
this late date have to cancel.

Yes, the HOTEL'S policy is to cancel without penalty
if you notify them within (I think) 72 hours.  But
CORSA is trying to ensure that rooms at the Adam's
Mark don't go unused, and it's CORSA that will charge
you, not the Adam's Mark or the local hosting
chapters.  How they plan to do that can only be
answered by CORSA, not me.

There are people looking for rooms right now, so I
don't think anyone's going to get stuck with a charge.
 I started this whole thing so people WOULDN'T get
charged.  But if you (or someone you know) find you
have to cancel, just post it here and I'm sure you'll
get a response.  Then, forward the info to CORSA and
you've covered yourself.  If a charge for a room
appears on a credit card (or your CORSA dues), then
you'll have the ammunition you need to fight it.  I'm
just trying to help, and NOT to stir up a hornet's
nest.

Jeff Clark, Treasurer
2006 Convention Committee