Fwd: <VV> Clutch Trouble in Twinsburg

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Jul 22 12:41:16 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/22/2006 9:48:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
joew at diveaz.com writes:

ALWAYS
be thinking "if the clutch cable breaks now...

EVERYTHING Joe said, with an emphasis on taking off the tunnel covers to  see
if the pulleys are ok and that the pulley bolts are still anchored.   The
only other thing that has gone bad for me was the clutch pedal pivot  bushing
which disintegrated leaving too much slop in the pivot that required  readjusting
the clutch cable.  After readjustment I drove it for years  before I finally
replaced the bushing.  Hope you can SAFELY get to some  help in Twinsburg
before the long haul to Buffalo.  I had planned on being  in Twinsburg (REALLY
Wanted to be there--even got a professional camera to film  the Yenkos), but
permit/tenant problems meant we work this weekend).

BE SAFE.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair