<VV> buffalo

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Jul 25 09:25:24 EDT 2006

We went to "Danny's" for dinner last night, it's a place I used to go to 15 years ago when I came to Buffalo for wind tunnel tests at the Calspan windtunnel here.  We drove from downtown down Genesee to get there and it was an interesting drive.  When I used to come here, downtown was old and a little rundown, now they're sprucing up downtown nicely but the surrounding area is getting really bad.  Lots of abandoned buildings and poverty.  We took the 75cent toll road back just to avoid it.  Very sad.  My 9 year old wanted to know why the mayor doesn't do something about it so I explained how there's only so much a mayor can do.  On the othe hand, Danny's was as good as it was 15 years ago.  My wife actually liked Beef on Weck.  I stuck with the wings.

Tonight is the first valve cover race we'll participate in.  I'm predicting no success whatever but it should be fun - it's on a ship!!!  They claim there's a second track for the kids to play on so my son is looking forward to it.  We put some flame stickers on it and as everyone knows: flames = speed.