<VV> EM vs LM Manual Bellhousing Differences

Dan & Synde dsjkling at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 25 22:00:44 EDT 2006

Hi Dan.....nice name!

Since you are already running a late engine with an early transaxle you
should have almost all the parts you need.

You're  assured at having either one of the following:

A late bellhousing

or

An early bellhousing with a shim between the crank seal and the housing to
position the seal rearward because of the 64-69 crank difference.

It could have an early or late clutch setup but either one will work.  The
late clutch setup is prefered but not essential, an early setup will work.
You just can't mix the two.  Being that yours is working, they are a matched
set.  The late flywheel is stepped, the early is flat.

The only thing you will need if you don't already have it is the input shaft
for the 64 4-speed, it is different.  The input shaft you need for the
4-speed fits 64-65, it is 34.25 in long and has 14 splines.

Dan Kling

1961 Greenbrier Deluxe, 4spd, 3.89  On the Road Again,  yeehaw :)
1963 Spyder, restored   4spd Saginaw
1967 Ultravan #299  Newest of the herd!! Almost killed me already!!

http://photos.yahoo.com/duchesskyra
A few pictures of the Greenbrier, UltraVan, engine and tranny tear down with
more to come!