<VV> 65 turn signal switch

norman.witte at comcast.net norman.witte at comcast.net
Fri Jul 28 21:08:24 EDT 2006

Robert, it should NOT require a puller to remove the switch.  I have two '65 Corsas and did work on the switches on both cars last year.  On one, I absolutely, positively could not get the switch to come off.  On the other, it practically fell off.  I tried the same prying and ran into the same problem.  There is a snap ring on the shaft that I was told to take off, but I couldn't get the thing out of there.  Unfortunately, I was not able to get the switch off at all, so I am not sure what actually works.  However, I think what happened is that the inner bearing race froze to the shaft, and since the bearing comes with the switch I couldn't move it.  One thought might be to take a screwdriver and drive down on the inner race to attempt to break it free.  I don't have the parts in front of me so I don't know that this would work.

I do know that I didn't have to remove the snap ring to get the switch off of the column in the convertible, and the shop manual doesn't mention it.

Why are you replacing the switch?

Norm Witte

From: cjcavitt at comcast.net