<VV> re: Tim's Report

Eric Holz ericmpholz at verizon.net
Sat Jul 29 13:29:25 EDT 2006

Tim,

I live in the Greater Buffalo area, and I'll agree with you on the choice of
venue.  Having the host hotel right downtown, well... sucked.  Given the
requirements we received from CORSA, we had VERY limited choices.  The main
sticking point was the number of seats the hotel could provide for the
banquet dinner.  I can't remember if it was 400 or 500 off hand, but I doubt
that Corsa will meet their minimum seating requirement at this dinner
(especially at the price negotiated by Corsa...some things should be left up
to the local chapters to nail down.  A cheaper dinner would have been worth
more to us than free rooms to some people.)
We had some other choices available to us that were more out in the country,
that had banquet capacity issues, but corsa wanted the "free  publicity"
offered by having the national convention right downtown, so the local
television channels: abc, cbs, and nbc would cover the event.  I only saw a
20 second blurb myself............
As far as all the events being off site, once you got to where you needed to
be, I feel it was worth the drive to have the event at a premium location.

THE BOTTOM LINE:
Given what we had to work with we feel we did the best job possible for all
convention goers.

I hope this did not dampen your corvair spirit.
Thank YOU for coming,

Eric Holz
'63 vert
34.5 Corsa proven miles per gallon.