<VV> Back home from Buffalo

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun Jul 30 16:36:46 EDT 2006

I arrived back at the house last night around 6PM.

Unfortunately, unexpected family issues arose during the V V meeting, and I had to leave before it was over. Same issues kept me from returning to the Convention after Wednesday evening.  Since I was not in the moving events, I didn't miss anything I'd paid for, but I would have liked to come back and look, buy, talk, have a few beers, etc.....Just weren't in the cards.

I'm not gonna post any of my personal convention comments for a bit, I want to wait until everyone gets home and has their say.

I spoke to six or seven people who I didn't know but they were V V members, urging me to stay on, even if only to send off list replies.

 I'm mulling it over. V V membership has increased over the last year, and I of course never wanted to leave in the first place.  For me the issue is time.  time to read and time to respond.  If I do remain i'll be a lurker, making private replies. I don't need to have every word I post combed over for un-necessary comments by people with  personal axes to grind.  I'll be watching the message traffic volume.

I did enjoy the time I got to spend at the Convention. So far, with the exception of the Hotel property, I haven't heard much in the negative.  Let's see what shakes out over the next 10 days or so.

Hank