<VV> Re: Galvanized Parts

Vairtec at optonline.net Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Mar 1 17:09:24 EST 2006

Bob Hall wrote:

>I bought some at an "end of the show" discount.  It took time to clean the
>zinc out of the threads on the shrouding, but the price was right.

Bob Marlow now writes:

That vendor was probably me, as part of the sell-off of Ableson's
Automotive after Bill Ableson died.  Bill galvanized anything that wasn't
nailed down!  I never did sell it all, I still have a significant supply of
galvanized shrouds for early models and a galvanized '64 FC front splash
pan... inquire if interested.

My '64 500 coupe track car has one of the galvanized front crossmembers in
it, it's 16 pounds heavier than the ungalvanized part and it puts that
extra weight in a good location.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net