<VV> Tire Pressures

VAN A. PERSHING persh at aztecfreenet.org
Wed Mar 1 23:02:57 EST 2006

Okay, I know this has been kicked around 'til it's bruised and battered,
but, I was always under the impression that the reason for the big
differential between front and rear pressures was the state-of-the-art
60s tire designs. GM had to come up with a "special" tire design for the
Corvair. If it really is because of the 40/60 weight distribution, why doesn't
the Fiero, for example, have to run a big tire pressure differential? It's
almost idential weight ditribution-wise, and yet the door sticker calls for
30 psi both front and rear. What's the skinny here??

Van