<VV> Multiple Rust problems on My 66 Convertible- YIKES!- Joe Robbins

Neil Bristol neil_ljl at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 13:47:55 EST 2006

Thanks Joe:

I have decided to fix them pretty much as you have recomended.

That brings more questsions:

1) I don't own a welder, always wanted to learn.I guess I need to buy a Wire feed MIG set-up. Any suggestions (220 volt vs 110 Volt, Clarke vs Linclon vs Hobart)

2) Will I need to buy a plasma cutter/TIG if I get further into metal surgery on this car?

3) I need to fix the windshield frame as well (I guess like most late models). That looks trickier than the quarters.

4) Anyone have some "dummies" instructions on making/tacking the door braces, etc, etc.

5) Will probably be stripping everything off to do this and the other varoius repairs.
I would like to put the body up on a cart or jig that I can move around. Have seen some pricey body carts forsale, anyone made one and care to share how they did it?

Neil

Message: 3