<VV> Re: [VV-talk] What "rights" do Christians have??

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 21:11:32 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/2/06 11:36:54 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
aeroned at aol.com writes:

I think  the basic problem is that the activist Muslims (and several Muslim
run  governments) haven't progressed from the time of the Crusades, while the
Christian West has moved on. They tend to concentrate on protecting their
beliefs and preparing for the afterlife, while the west is concentrating on
making money and planning for retirement.

There are zealots (crazies)  in every religion. There just happens to be
millions of Muslims that will act  on the hateful words of a so called leader.
These act tend to attract  attention because of the numbers involved or horrid
violence. You can bet that  there are crazies in the Christian camp too. They're
out there bombing  abortion clinics, protesting soldier's funerals or
"outing" the purple  Tele-Tubby. I know that there are groups in each religion that
recognize that  these leaders are neither religious or leaders. The main
difference I see  between these two groups is frequency and overall destructiveness
of the  actions.

Of course, as with all generalizations, there are exceptions  to the above
statements. It's like profiling, just because 95% of all  terrorist activities
are committed by young Muslim men, you still have to  search 5 year olds and
little old ladies  randomly.

Right on. I have lived in the South and I describe the "fundamentalist"
religious leaders there as the American Al Qaieda(Spelling.) I have talked with
their followers and can only say (but not to their faces) that I sit on my
fundament, not think with it.

One's religious beliefs are one's own business, but religion should not
become law (as in Islamic countries.) A glass of beer or a cigarette on Sunday
should not be prohibited by law nor should early-term abortion (the existence of
 a soul in a fetus is strictly a religious concept.)

Scotty