<VV> "sealed" trunks and troublesome Matts - I mean Mats <grin>

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Mar 3 10:26:48 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/3/2006 7:18:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

The  original post claimed that the problem with rusty trunks was because
some  "moron GM engineer" decided to put a rubber mat in the trunk.  I'm
contending that the decision to put a mat in was not a moronic engineering  decision
but instead a moronic marketing decision.  What material to make  the mat out
of may have been a moronic engineering decision - but I bet it was  driven by
moronic cost constraint.   mike

And on the plus side, vendors have offered a replacement mat for years  that
looks like the original mat design from the top, but is really an open cell
cloth material underneath, perfect for letting the water that has
surreptitiously entered evaporate away!  - Seth