<VV> Interesting Custom bodied Vairs- now BST GT

Brown, David David.Brown at bsci.com
Fri Mar 3 21:05:18 EST 2006

Yes, Matt, that would be the BST GT, made with 68 Corvair parts except
for the engine.  The last owner was a real flake.  He removed the drive
train to start a restoration project, but wasn't well equipped to do
much himself.  Once he realized it wasn't worth $50,000, and he wasn't
getting as much free help as he wanted, he left it parked outside (at a
friend's gas station?) to rot.  The last I heard, one of our members saw
it a couple of years ago & was turned off by the growing cancer &
figured it was going to be too expensive to repair.  It may have been
sent to the crusher by now.  I will see the last guy who had contact
with the car & owner on Monday & will ask him what he knows.  It will be
a real shame if it got scrapped.
Dave
Corvair Houston