<VV> brake system: to fill or not to fill

John McMahon jmac2112 at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 4 10:38:39 EST 2006

Hi,

I've got a question about brakes.  Here's the scenario: my project car (1965
Monza) is close to being operational, with only the brakes and tires left to
go.  The rest of the car, however, has a long way to go, and it is highly
likely that I will not be driving the car until sometime next year.

Here's the question.  Is there any harm in filling the brake system and then
letting it sit for a year or so?  It will get SOME use, since the reason I
want to get the brakes operational is to make it easier to move the car in
and out of the garage as I finish the body work (I'd rather do wet sanding
in the driveway).  Can I just go out every now and then and pump the brakes?
Car is stored in an unheated garage, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

John McMahon
1965 Monza coupe 110