<VV> Wretched Electrical Connector

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Sun Mar 5 17:20:23 EST 2006

You're refering to the red plastic castle terminal that's on the side of
the frame rail by the battery on the '67-9's, right? I don't know why
everyone hates it so, but it's infinitely superior than the preceeding
design. The big red hot wire on the '66-earlier cars was on an
inadequate spade terminal inserted into the gang plug that connects the
body harness to the engine compartment harness. That terminal is prone
to corroding and then overheating, melting the gang plug and killing the
electrical system. I've been stranded on the side of the road because of
that.

The '67-9 design puts that wire onto the red plastic castle terminal
with eyelet wire terminals, and securely ties them together with a
screw. Never have had a problem with it - ever - in 38 years of owning
Corvairs. So what's your problem?

(Now you know one more reason why I consider the '67-9 cars the best of
the breed.)

-Mark