<VV> Wretched Electrical Connector

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Mar 6 11:10:09 EST 2006

My memory is coming back on the '65-6 styles. Yes, they too had it.

And John, the problem you cite is known by the manufacturer as a "lack
of maintainence" problem. I've never had a serious problem with them in
almost 38 years of Corvair ownership, and when one DID start to have
issues, I replaced it. You DO have to replace your brake shoes
occasionally, right? Then you should treat it as no different. When it
starts to have problems, REPLACE IT! Duh. Hate to sound crass, but
that's the REAL problem. Lack of maintainence. Not any design
deficiency.

-Mark

65 and 66s have this thing too. It's is horrid. The plastic starts
relaxing and fails to keep the terminals tight. I've had issues with
headlights failing, stalling, and God knows what other electrical
gremlins because of that horrid plastic thingy. Once I replaced it with
a nut and bolt, and copious amounts of electrical tape, my problems with
it were over.

John

In a message dated 3/5/2006 5:20:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,