<VV> Dual Pumps

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Mon Mar 6 13:30:27 EST 2006

Why is the mechanical pump still in the engine?
You can't get anywhere in the car without turning on the electric pump, so
are both pumps neede to meet the needs of the engine? I am considering
re-routing the lines so that they dodn't go into the mechanical pump, but I
don't know if the electric one will be enough.
  Smitty says:The very fact that your car has an electric pump makes the fuel system suspect.  Most people that install electrics do it for one of about two reasons and one of those is that they thought their mechanical one had failed because it was no longer delivering fuel.  In truth, it may not have been "able" to deliver fuel because of blockage in the system.  Don't fail to check if the installed mechanical has been converted into a dummy.  Many have been.  (Diaphragms removed and blank off plates installed).  There is no substitute for troubleshooting.