<VV> Electrical Connector

Jim Burkhard burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Mon Mar 6 14:53:19 EST 2006

Yeah, anything that lasts 40 years on a car has earned its
keep.  Still, a static (not a plug/unplug variety)
electrical connector (post really) that requires maintenance
is a new one on me.  Brake shoes, tires, and wiper blades
are normal consumables.  Electrical connectors ordinarily
aren't on that list. Is it the most robust design in the
world? Well, no, but I wouldn't it consider it a real low
point in the Corvair design either.  If we are going to
bitch about late model electrical weaknesses, I would
probably list the crappy taillight sockets, and the wimpy
instrument panel <--> dash grounding "system" much higher on
gripe column. Both of those were designed to fail.

Jim Burkhard