<VV> How Loud? - A Muffled reply!

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Mar 8 02:46:56 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/7/2006 10:10:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
daretocorvair at yahoo.com writes:

I'm  gonna have to run my car with just mani logs for a
little while till I get  more money...I was just
wondering....is it like, painfully loud?   like...stock
car loud?

Ryan V. in Bovey

It will be painfully loud, sort of like police siren. In fact you will
likely get to compare them! Interestingly enough, it will only be really loud
under acceleration or deceleration. At constant throttle it kind-of quiets down.
With a 1962 Turbo Convert I was once driving, I got pulled over for a
taillight  out. I had no muffler on the car (other than the Turbo, which does function
as  one, somewhat) As he popped on the gumball, I pushed in the clutch,
killed  the motor and coasted to the side. When he finished with the "fixit"
ticket, I  futzed around (Technical term) with the taillight until he left. I then
drove  home carefully! With a non-turbo, you won't have quite that advantage.
-  Seth Emerson