<VV> how loud w/o an ES / also Communique

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 8 13:52:18 EST 2006

Ryan , I am suprised that no one brought up the safety factor with
running your car
with only manifolds. Besides the decibel level, you have a tremendous
heat factor with
manifolds that are easily over 400 degrees and the hot exhaust
exiting forward near your
split shafts, heater hoses, starter assembly, and wiring harness. In
addition you may have
back fire underneath your engine area. If nothing else, rig up a
straight through pipe running
off your "U" tubes and attach this to your manifolds or reverse your
manifolds to face rear on the
engine if this is possible. Just don't be impatient and lose all the
good work you have accomplished
so far. Your Communique article was excellent. Thanks for the contribution.

Chuck Armer
//////////////////////////////////

>I'm gonna have to run my car with just mani logs for a
>little while till I get more money...I was just
>wondering....is it like, painfully loud?  like...stock
>car loud?
>Ryan V. in Bovey
>1965 Corsa/110/4

CORSA Member