<VV> Scale Model Club Update

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 18:18:45 EST 2006

Just a brief update to the many of you who have been more than generous
with your donations of kits, money, and magazines, as well as advise and
encouragement for my new high school scale model building club. The kids
are putting on their first "show" ever this month at the school. Due to a
quirk of fate, a large display window that school clubs use in the media
center (for you old farts, that's what we call a library now :-) became
available. All the club members (over 40 now) get to display their models
for the entire month. The overall scale is a strange mix of boats, planes,
and cars from 1:144 to 1:24, and there are two nice Corvairs in the bunch,
(and several have asked what the are:-). Turns out one of our
administrators is an old Yenko owner (when he was a kid). We were also
lucky to get a ton of kits from the IPMS from a program they have for
disadvantaged kids like many of ours (so, we have several versions of the
Roswell UFO, Batmobile and Batboat :-). Several teachers are supporting us
by letting kids who finish their class work early work on them at school.
Thanks again!
Grant Young
The (model building) Carbmeister