<VV> My car...my excitement...

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 19:54:31 EST 2006

this is a post I just made at the Center
Phorum...thought I'd post for you dudes too!

So I just thought I'd share...

My car...I've had it since November of 2004, and have
been in the slow process of bringing the car back to
life...for those of you who don't know, I have a 65
Corsa Coupe, that I'm installing (til I build a good
engine) a used 110 in, with the 4 speed and posi box
from when the turbo was in it...and I'm installing all
new brakes...giving it a fresh paint job...stuff like
that.

I'm not looking to make it some great show car, but
more something I can drive every day, even in the
winter, and still have it look real nice. I'm going to
gaurd the bottom, and the rocker and door bottoms so
they don't rust (as fast)

Then whatever else...I'm gonna get some seats from a
Cavalier or a 90's Camaro and adapt them to fit in my
car, so I can be comfy (it annoys me how far forward
the original seats are, AND that they don't recline)
on long trips.

So anyhow.... I have a rebuilt balancer coming this
week, then I can start my car (first time an engine
will have run in this car since 1969!!) and get it
running well.

Then I'm buying the brake system next week, and
installing that.,..then gotta wait for money for
Exhaust...then I'm good to go!

(okay, I lied, I need tires too...but it is ON tires
that hold air so I can drive it a little, but not
much.)

It's getting down to the wire. my patience is waning!

Spring is coming- Will YOU be ready?

haha!

Ryan V. in Bovey

1965 Corsa/110/4