<VV> Coating gaskets with grease

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Fri Mar 10 10:57:10 EST 2006

A while back I seem to recall someone (Steve Goodman?) said that he used a thin coat of wheel bearing grease on cork gaskets to help them seal.  Or maybe it was paper gaskets... my memory gets cluttered up sometimes.  Anyway, I'm about to put on a new differential cover gasket and oil pan gasket, so any recommendations positive or negative would be much appreciated.

TIA,
Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible she-devil
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta and Group Red (but not for much longer)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm