<VV> Air cleaners stock or individual

UltraMonzaWest at aol.com UltraMonzaWest at aol.com
Sun Mar 12 18:31:41 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/12/2006 2:56:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
corvair65 at verizon.net writes:

> Has anyone noticed any improvement in performance or gas mileage, by
> replacing the stock air cleaner with the small chrome individual air
> cleaners, like the ones Clark's has in their supplement (page 27)?

As Warren LeVeque  stated here a few weeks ago....the Stock is good enough
for a 350 ci engine!    The Restriction is at the TURN  to the carbs...

see  http://members.aol.com/ultramonzawest/highrise-6.jpg  for a mod to cure
this!  AND  the Spare will still fit!  Full mod on my Techpages [ link below]

The small chrome "bonnets"  are JUNK...always have been...always will!  Same
reason as the stock setup....  You want the tall Pleated  filters if you want
individuals...

Matt Nall / Patiomatt / WCUH / Mr. DeckRug
http://members.aol.com/patiomatt    Corvair Info!