<VV> Air cleaners stock or individual

Dennis & Debbie PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Sun Mar 12 20:45:01 EST 2006

It's all pretty relative, if you can get a little more air through the individual filters with less pressure drop cross them, you may be able to get a little more power.  This is assuming you can get more out through your exhaust.  Unlike today computer controlled mixtures, everything in a Corvair induction system plays a role in your mixture.  If your air filter is slightly plugged, your mixture gets richer.  Change the filter and it may go lean.  Change to a low restriction air cleaner and it may get even leaner and you may have to increase the jet size.  My guess is changing the air filters and not doing anything else will have negligible  affect on performance or economy.

dp