<VV> I've got the it bad

Dennis & Debbie PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Sun Mar 12 21:14:43 EST 2006

The Corvair Disease that is.  One of our PPCC members approached me after the Pikes Peak Corvair Club  meeting today and asked it I wanted his Greenbrier at a really good price.  He owns 60 to 70 collector cars, almost all GM and has recently decided to start downsizing so his wife doesn't have as much to dispose of.

It's late 63 GB deluxe (no mystery shifter), fresh repaint in and out, new chrome, 110 car motor.  Runs great.  I got it to the speed limit on the Interstate which is 75 mph and with a 35 mph cross wind it was a handful, but that isn't the way I plan to drive it.  It has bias ply tires which will be changed out immediately.  Front seat and one back recently upholstered.  The other back seat is out of a parts van he has.  We are going to take this van on our sabbatical this summer with the final destination Buffalo.  Since the kids watch television, we have and electric cooler and we are going to pull a small popup trailer with a battery which will need to be recharged daily, I'm going to upgraded from a generator to a 63A alternator.  I will also inspect/repack the rear wheel bearings (and the fronts also) and check over the brake system.  Other than that, I think it is ready for the trip.  I may put a Pertronics in.  I have had a resto GB for about 14 years which not much has happened to.  I did build and engine for it 8 years ago which is sitting on my engine stand, but Debbie has claimed the engine for her Lakewood.  I'm becoming a firm believer in buying someone else's project after they finish them.

dp