<VV> Re: [fastvair] Autocross day---Mitsubishi Evo's

cjcavitt at comcast.net cjcavitt at comcast.net
Sun Mar 12 22:00:03 EST 2006

mitsubishi's are my second favorite cars corvair first of course but they are in different leages. I belong to a mits. club and have been drag racing them for the past five years i would have to say it will be really hard to beat him mostly because of the awd system and the lsd. my car isnt and evo, its an eclipse but i will tell you its actually pretty resonabley priced to race except for the evo cause they cost 35k new but all of mit. awd turbo cars have the same motor all the way back to 1990. its called a 4G63 and its very stout.so you can buy a 1990eclipse with the same 4g63 motor except forminor changes the motors are the same kind of like the corvair early and late.and you can get the same power as the evo.I put about 8k in to my 4g63 motor and my eclipse runs 11.5 in the 1/4mile and it has every option installed power everything with a/c and weighs 3500lbs so if anyone is looking for a alternative to corvair for racing the mitsubishi is an excellent choice

                      curt

From: "David Clemens" <yenko66 at cox.net>