<VV> 140 carburation

frankcb at aol.com frankcb at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 12:06:04 EST 2006

Ron,
     With engines that haven't been run for a looooong time, I like to feed pressurized oil into the oil line BEFORE trying to start the engine.  Most people just remove the distributor (mark the housing and the rotor position locations first) and use a shaft to spin the oil pump with an electric drill.  Instead, I usually vacuum siphon a quart or so of engine oil out of the sump through the dipstick tube.  Then using about 40 psi air pressure, I feed back that oil under pressure into the fitting where the oil pressure switch screws in.  I stop every few seconds to rotate the engine about half a turn with a socket wrench on the hydraulic dampener bolt.  This also gets oil to the turbo bearing (if you have one).  Just remember to replace the oil pressure switch, BEFORE you engage the starter.
     You'll also need to get gas into the carbs.  For this it helps to have an electric fuel pump.(:-)
     Good luck,
     Frank "different drummer marcher" Burkhard