<VV> AIR CLEANERS

Silveyyevlis at aol.com Silveyyevlis at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 18:13:14 EST 2006

The Corvair air cleaner filter element is the same one used on my 87
Chevrolet van with a 350 cu. in. engine.   Therefore, I would assume  that the
Corvair air filter would adequately serve a 164 cu. in Corvair  engine.

However, my experience with these cars shows that the Corvair air filter
gets dirty at least twice as fast as the same air filter on my Chevrolet van..
This I believe is due to the Corvair engine being located in a much dirtier
location by being in the rear and lower than the van engine. My Chevrolet van is
 on it's fourth air filter in 375,000 miles, same engine without any teardown
 except valve seals and three water pumps.

Regards,
Tom Silvey