<VV> Soldering wire connections (no Corvair)

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Mar 13 18:57:07 EST 2006

If a Weller brand soldering gun will not heat wires enough to flow
solder, then your tip nuts are not tight. Use a 3/8" wrench to loosen
the nuts a half turn and them tighten them till the nut squeaks. If you
do this often enough the tip will always get hot, but you may need
visegrips to clamp the rounded off nuts! Luckily Weller sells tips with
nuts for those who round off the flats. (7135N). One can also use #12
awg solid as a tempoorary tip. Or use #12 solid as an extention to the
tip for those times a smaller tip is needed.

What do you mean a 100/140 watt soldering gun is not NASA soldering
approved?

Frank DuVal