<VV> Sooooo....

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 09:16:43 EST 2006

1. I took the brown wire off the side terminal on my
new voltage reg.  I also found I hadn't grounded it,
so I did.

I started the car...and all was fixed.no lights.  one
weird thing.

when the headlights are on, the Tach turns off.  not
sure why this is.

the car is starting to smoke less.  I also notice that
the oil leak I thought I had from a pushrod tube is
only the right bank valve cover gasket leaking...cheap
easy fix.

I'm still popping a little bit through the carbs, but
not as much, and it happens most of the time if I
goose it.  I get nice flames when I do that too.

the car is idling REALLY low at about 480 rpm.  it's
hard to get it to actually warm up and run there, but
once it does, it idles very strongly...I think I just
need to adjust the accel linkage a little bit maybe.

One question I have that my manuals diagram couldn't
seem to answer though.

on the engine compartment harness, there is another
single connector single brown wire that is on the part
that comes of for the VR.  what the heck is it and
what does it go to???  also, there is a green wire
there. Is one for the under-lid light and the other
for the license plate light???

Still need to look around in there and figure out
these splicings.  I blew a fuse today too.  I had the
car running, and the brake light switch was out(on)
...since I have no brake pressure pushing it off...so
I think I must have just tripped too much power to it
with it on when I shoved the connector into
place...all of the fuses in that car are OEM, I'm
sure.
 I'll be changing them ALL out soon.

---Just for a point of reference for future
answers.-----

My car is a 1965 Corsa COUPE. 107375W275192.  it
originally had a turbo engine.  I installed a once
powerglide made standard 110hp from a '66 Monza into
the car mated to the 3:55 Posi rear end and 4 speed
gear box.

I have a 69 Camaro high-perf alt (like...73 amps...68
amps...something like that) in there, and a KM (if I
remember right) voltage regulator that went onto my
car brand new.

the engine compartment and main wiring harnesses are
new.

Also----

To get the car running, I used the gas can method -
and premium gas...  Also, I put in 3 quarts of 10W30
and 2 quarts of dex III merc ATF into the crankcase.

thanks for all of the help.  I'll need more.

Ryan V. in Bovey

1965 Corsa/110/4
http://www.edselmotors.com/corsa.html
and http://free4allband.tripod.com/corsacorvair.html