<VV> Powder Coating

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 15 23:01:06 EST 2006

Bob, find a full-service powder-coater.
By that I mean find one that does the sandblasting as well as the powder
coating. Some do not.
Ferrous metals almost instantly start to corrode at the molecular level when
stripped of their protective coat, and the longer it is between blasting and
powder coating, the more rust will develop. This has the potential for
producing flaking of the finish coat.
What happens is that the rust migrates under the powder coat and is usually
not noticed until a big chunk of the finish peels off. The rust underneath
is usually severe.
Andy Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone