<VV> engine removal

monza63mo at peoplepc.com monza63mo at peoplepc.com
Thu Mar 16 19:11:04 EST 2006

I'm getting ready to swap engines between my '66 sport sedan and '66 coupe.  Having never done this before, I've been reading my shop manual and I bought that video from Clark's (show's a r&r of an early).  I thought that the engine/transaxle cradle from Clark's and a floor jack would be great purchases but Clark's doesn't sell the cradle anymore.  Does anyone have one for sale?  Or can anyone recommend an alternative?

I'm taking the 140 out of my 4-door swapping it out with the 110 that's in the coupe.  The coupe is a 4 speed and the sedan is a powerglide so the transmissions will go back into the cars they came out of.  I know about the brass bushing in the crank of the 4 speed that has to be removed before the engine swap but I'd appreciate any tips you care to share.

Thanks!

Art in Missouri