<VV> Re: engine removal

Gary Swiatowy garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com
Fri Mar 17 07:05:27 EST 2006

OK, this is just my personal opinion, there will be those that
disagree................
Why are you putting a 140 in place of the 110? Are you looking for more
power, or is the 110 worn out?
It has been my experience that putting a 140 in place of a 110 and attaching
it to a powerglide yields less power than the original 110. The 140 is
cammed and set up to work with the 4-speed, and does not yield its full
potential unless cam and distributer are changed............
Other than that, be sure and change the bell housing from the PG one to the
4-speed one.
As for an alternative to the engine cradle, buy or borrow an ATV lift, they
work well for Corvair drivetrains. Harbor Freight, Sears, etc carry them for
a reasonable price.................
Gary Swiatowy