<VV> RE: bellhousing question

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Fri Mar 17 10:17:42 EST 2006

Subject: <VV> bellhousing question
Hi, everyone. I'm thinking about putting a '64 transaxle and 4-speed into
my '62 Spyder, using the '64 flywheel, pressure plate, throwout bearing,
input shaft, etc. Is is necessary or advisable to use the '64 bellhousing
on my '62 engine? I'm going to replace the crank seal anyway so it won't be
any more work for me either way. Is there anything else I need to change?
Thanks for your help.

Ralph Gubser
Cincinnati, OH

Yes definitely use the complete 64 setup. If I am not mistaken there is a
slight difference in the length of the bel housing and will cause release
problems if you mix early parts. One of the other items that is different
is the ball pivot for the throwout bearing.
Gary Swiatowy