<VV> PG flex plates

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 13:30:08 EST 2006

since we're on the general topic--how can I compensate (or do I need to?) for the difference between early/late driveplates on early/late motors? I've cut a junk convertor to leave only the 'dish' with the ring gear,which is being drilled for access to the crank bolts,like  3/4"holes ; the flex plate I have is dished,so it's a Late(?) ...what am I going to have to do to get the starter-ring gear relationship 'right' on both early and late engines? The project here is an engine test stand :: I'm using a '65 PG diff case (gutted),and building it to support the diff from the lower arm holes,and the rear skid plate...first one up is a '62 -102hp,MT bellhsg,then a 64-95hp and a late turbo (less the huffer)..TIA,Tom..//