<VV> Next!

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 20:04:14 EST 2006

So, today I let the car back down on the ground, and
DROVE it out of the garage.  First time ever that car
moved under it's own power since I have owned it.  I
don't have a clutch return spring, and it still does
just fine.  I don't know if that puts any weird stress
on the PP but, for now until I get a spring, its
working quite well.

the car seems to be running just fine, and doesn't
smoke anymore(!) for the most part-in fact, by the
time I get a muffler and stuff on there, I think it's
going to be really nice.  the choke system is starting
to work better, and the car idles itself down to about
800 rpm now.

I got my paycheck from the last job today, which means
I'll be ordering brakes this week...which means in the
next 2 weeks, my Corvair will be able to go down the
road...and STOP!  with a Dual conversion too.

It's really getting close.  I just stood outside with
my buddy Joe today and let it run for about 20
minutes...just staring at it and talking about the
good times to come.

Thats about it.  it was nice to let out the clutch and
have the car go somewhere today.

someday after my car is going, I'm gonna get custom
plates that say RAV-AIR...  hehe

Ryan in Bovey

1965 Corsa/110/4
http://www.edselmotors.com/corsa.html