<VV> Re: WAS Front Turn Signal Bulb Number?, Now: Damaged Socket

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Mon Mar 20 14:00:44 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anil Mittal" <anil at anil.com>
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 10:02 AM
Subject: <VV> Re: WAS Front Turn Signal Bulb Number?, Now: Damaged Socket

Thank you to all of those who sent a reply to my fairly stupid and
novice question. I have gotten a number of replies telling me that
1157 is the correct bulb. I was not able to get the 1157 to fit so
now I am thinking that the socket may be damaged. Thank you all for
your help and opening my mind to other possible problems! I will
check the socket when I get home tonight.

Anil

Anil, is there any possibility someone replaced the sockets with ones for an
1156 bulb?  If, so, the slots for the pins on the bulb would end at the same
depth.  I don't even know if this is possible, just a wild guess.

Mike Ioanes